Friday, August 27, 2010

My daily duties

As you may or may not know,I have a youtube channel. I do video blogs.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MommaMcClay

It's basically the same concept as this blog here. Except you can hear my words and see me talking. I thought Now and then I would post my previous videos and then talk about the Vlog in more detail in blog form.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2iiwtkN-II

In this video,I tell you about my daily duties,as a mother and a house wife. (It is quite possible that things have changed since I did this video. Things are always changing around here)

More often than not,I sleep in,in the mornings. My husband,Brent's shift is the morning shift with Seth. Since he works from 4-10 or 11 at night. Plus,if I don't get enough sleep,I am literally useless. My body won't respond correctly when it is exhausted,I get severe headaches,dizzy,fatigued,you name it. So it makes it very hard to do anything at all if I am very tired. So I usually sleep in until 9 or 10. Unless we have a doctors appointment or something early in the morning,then I would get up for that.

When I get up,I get dressed,wash up or take a shower,depending on my mood,brush my teeth and hair. About the time I get up,Seth is just waking up from his nap,so I will get him out of his crib and change his diaper then get him dressed for the day. Sometimes Brent goes back to bed for a nap,or rests on the couch. Depending on his mood. Seth and I will play or read for a while,or sometimes he wants to watch a show,or play by himself,so I end up checking my email and what not while he does that.

If Brent is sleeping at the time,I usually make something small for lunch for Seth and I. A sandwich or something for me,and either something left over or just random things for Seth. If Brent is awake,some days we will go out to lunch,or we make something bigger,since Brent works nights,we usually have supper type foods for lunch,like spaghetti,so he can have something special with us.

It's time for more playtime after that. Up until about 12 or 1,then it's usually Seth's nap time. This is when I read a book,or do random things online. Some days he doesn't take afternoon naps though. If we need to run errands that day,we would usually do it after lunch,and Seth will nap in the car. Depending on the weather,we take Seth to the park or swimming some days too.

By about 3:30 Brent is off to work. Some days Seth will be just going down for a nap at this time as well. So if he were to be napping I would chat with friends online,or blog, or read,or if I feel up to it,I do chores that need done.

Seth and I eat supper around 5. Usually I make some sort of noodle meal since Seth loves all kinds of noodles. Or if I am too tired,I will just make something small like a sandwich and left overs or something small for Seth. Seth usually takes a nap around 6. So then I would usually do the dishes or the litter boxes,or whatever chore needs done.

About 7 or so Seth wakes up,and it's time to take his medicine. After that we play,watch a show,or read,or all 3.

Around 8,on certain nights,it's bath night for Seth,so I give him a bath. After that I get him dressed,brush his teeth,give him a drink and put him to bed at 8:30.

Then I do any chores I didn't get done the rest of the day,I play a video game,read,or do things online. It all depends on my mood.

Depending on the day of the week,Brent gets home around 11 or later from work. We spend time together either watching a movie or TV,we play a game or just lie in bed and talk. I usually go to sleep around 12 or 1.

Do you have any questions about my day? Please ask!

4 comments:

  1. I am wondering about you shunt... You say it is their to drain fluid off the brain, but where does it drain it to? I am thinking that it would be the bladder but I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends. Mine drains into my kidneys I believe. Some drain into the bladder or stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your days are very full!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes too full! There's no time for rest! If I keep busy enough,I forget I am tired though. HaHa.

    ReplyDelete