Thursday, August 26, 2010

Welcome! Make yourselves comfortable!

Hello! I am so glad you decided to take a peek at my little blog spot! I should start out by telling you a bit about myself.


My name is Heather. I was born and raised in Minnesota, I have been living in Illinois now for 5 years now. I like it here. I got married to the love of my live (Cliche' or not I love the man) on October 28,2006. We have 3 lovely cats. My husband and I met online. He is able bodied,and I am disabled.

I was lucky enough to be born with a disability called Spina Bifida,so that means I was born with a congenital defect in which the spinal column is imperfectly closed so that part of the meninges or spinal cord protrudes, often resulting in hydrocephalus and other neurological disorders. Hydrocephalus means "water on the brain" so I need a shunt (tube) in my head to help my brain drain the fluid out. Like I said,I was lucky to be born this way,because if I wasn't born the way I was,who knows if I would of been able to meet the wonderful people I have met,or be able to do the awesome things I have done? Never say you wish you could change yourself,because if you did, your whole life could change.

My husband was not born with a disability of any kind, and it just amazes me at how well he puts up with everything that comes with me and being disabled and what not. It's like he's done this his whole life,his caring for me just seems to come naturally. I am so thankful everyday that I found Brent when I did,and we can spend our whole lives together,he means the world to me.

Our baby girl,Willow Jean died unexpectedly on April 2,2008.She was born December 11,2007. It has been a total blow to the whole family.In time we will all heal though.

We welcomed our first son to the world! April 28,2009. Seth William. He is the light of my life,I couldn't ask for a sweeter son. You will hear so much more about him as time goes on.

Now that you know a bit more about me,and you will learn more and more as time goes by,why don;t I tell you why I decided to make this blog....


Like I said,I am disabled. I am a mother to a wonderful 1 year old boy,I am a wife,and my job consists of being a mother and taking care of my house as best as I can. You will learn more and more as time goes on,what it is like for someone like me to live the life that I do! I plan on posting every day. I am always willing to answer questions you may have related to anything you can think or really that you might want to know about my disability and way of life!

I hope you enjoy this little blog I have,and maybe you know someone else who might enjoy this,and you can spread the word to them!

2 comments:

  1. Here is a toast to spreading your word! *cheers* I will keep checking back and I will spread the word to follow your blog!

    I wish you tons of good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You are so awesome! More often than not,I will be posting a new blog in the late afternoon or close to night time,just so you know.

    ReplyDelete